Oxygen Concentrator Comparison Chart
Finding the right Portable Oxygen Concentrator for you!
We are very thankful to the many oxygen users we have served and continue to support. We have been selling portable oxygen concentrators (POCs) since they were invented and became available. We have learned a lot along the way and want to share our knowledge with you to help you find the POC that fits you and your needs!
First, it is very important that you have a good sense of your oxygen needs from your doctor. Do what you can to work with the doctor and their staff and learn as much as you can about your pulmonary condition. Stay in touch with your doctor so you can work together to manage your overall health, including your pulmonary condition.
You will want to have your doctor tell you what level of oxygen you should work to maintain in your blood. This is known as your “Oxygen Saturation” or “O2 Sats.” The very best tool to monitor your oxygen saturation is a Pulse Oximeter. Here at Main Clinic Supply, we will provide this very important tool at no charge when you buy one of our POCs. No one should use a POC without one!
After you complete the above, follow these steps:
- FIRST, find a POC that fits your pulmonary condition as your doctor has explained it to you
- Look at the amount of oxygen the machine produces and the available settings for that specific machine
- Look at the battery life for the machine and the available battery sizes to ensure you get the hours you need
- Look at the size and weight of the machine and the portability options available (carrying or rolling)
- Look at the POC manufacturer's track record in the field of POCs
- Buy from a company that cares whether or not the machine you buy will work for you! Here at Main Clinic Supply, we offer free exchanges in the first month if the first machine you purchase does not meet your needs.
After You Buy a POC
You will want to start by reading the user’s manual well. Then, sitting comfortably, fire up your new machine so you both can get used to each other! We always suggest watching a movie the first time you use your new POC - have your trusty pulse oximeter on hand to help you find the lowest setting of oxygen that keeps you oxygenated while you are relaxed and not exerting yourself. Next, move around the house, perhaps doing your normal housekeeping and chores, while monitoring your oxygen saturation with your pulse oximeter to find the lowest setting of oxygen that keeps you oxygenated while you are exerting yourself a bit. Then, once you are ready move on to exercise, consider taking a walk or riding your bike. Once again, make sure to use your pulse oximeter to find the lowest setting of oxygen that keeps you oxygenated while exercising!
Go Out and Really Enjoy Life Again!
Thousands of people have written to us thanking us for helping them to regain their freedom! This is what awaits you once you find the right POC, at the right setting - to truly live life to its fullest!
Portable Oxygen Concentrators - Pulse Flow
Portable Oxygen Concentrators - Constant Flow